Grant News – April 2021
Small Business Fees & Charges Rebate – NSW
Sole Traders, small business owners and not-for-profit organisations may be eligible for small business fees and charges rebate of $1,500.
This rebate aimed at helping businesses recover from the impacts of COVID-19 by reducing the cost of running a business.
Are you eligible for the grant?
To be eligible for the grant you must;
- Have total Australian wages below the payroll tax threshold of $1.2 million
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN) registered in NSW and/or have business premises physically located and operating in NSW
- Be registered for goods and services tax (GST)
- Provide a declaration that the business has a turnover of at least $75,000 per year.
How much is the grant?
Businesses will receive a once-off payment of $1,500.
When is the grant available until?
The rebate will be available until 30 June 2022
How can I apply?
- You’ll need to provide invoices and receipts showing payment of eligible fees or charges.
- Two proof of identity documents are required e.g. driver licence, Medicare card, passport, birth certificate
You can apply through the NSW Government website
Relocation Assistance to Take Up a Job Grant
The Australian Government has announced this grant to assist jobseekers in taking up a job where relocation is required. Below are the details;
From 1 May 2021, if jobseekers relocate to take up ongoing work, including an apprenticeship, for more than 20 hours a week for more than six months, you may be eligible to receive up to:
- $3,000 if you relocate to a capital city
- $6,000 if you relocate to a regional area
- An extra $3,000 if you relocate with a dependent.
If relocating from one capital city to a capital city with fewer jobs, you may not be able to access relocation assistance.
Employment services providers can use up to $2,000 to provide upfront support to job seekers who need assistance with agreed relocation costs.
How can I apply?
Talk to our local jobactive, Disability Employment Services, ParentsNext, Transition to Work, or Community Development Program provider.
For more information view the factsheet
Apply for a Grant or looking more information?
Click the link below to contact us at Plus 1.