Grant News – February 2021
COVID-19 5-Day Lockdown Grants
Business Costs Assistance Program
The Business Costs Assistance Program makes up $92 of the $143 million Circuit Breaker Action Business Support Package, where the aim is to assist small businesses in hospitality, food wholesaling, tourism, events and retail who were most affected by the Circuit Breaker lockdown.
Are you eligible for the grant?
To be eligible for the grant you must;
- Be located in Victoria.
- Registered as an eligible industry.
- Have incurred costs as a result of the circuit breaker lockdown.
- Have an annual payroll of up to $3 million through 2019-20.
- Registered for GST.
- Hold an ABN.
How much is the grant?
Businesses will receive a once-off payment of $2,000.
What can the grant be used for?
- Loss of perishable goods.
- Cancellation fees and charges.
- Booking cancellations.
- Other costs that could not be avoided as a result of the circuit breaker lockdown.
If you are looking for more information or would like to apply visit the Business Victoria website
Victorian Accommodation Support Program
The Victorian Accommodation Support Program assists accommodation providers who experienced cancellations as a result of the circuit breaker lockdown.
There are 2 tiers of funding depending on the impact to your business, they are;
- Tier 1: Once-off payment of $2,250 for Accommodation with 10 or fewer cancelled nights.
- Tier 2: Once-off payment of $4,500 for Accommodation with 11 or more cancelled nights.
Register for interest via the Business Victoria website.
Further Circuit Breaker Support Package Grants
- Licensed hospitality venues that were previous recipients of the Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund receive an automatic $3,000 grant. These venues will not be eligible for the Business Costs Assistance Program grants.
- The state government has also launched a new Melbourne Travel Voucher Scheme with 40,000 vouchers, worth $200, to support travel in greater Melbourne.
- An additional 10,000 vouchers have also been added to the Regional Travel Voucher Scheme.
For more information visit the Business Victoria website.
Apply for a Grant or looking more information?
Click the link below to contact us at Plus 1.