On-Farm Emergency Water Infrastructure Rebate Scheme
A rebate is available to drought affected farmers who invest, or have invested since 1st July 2018, in urgently-needed on-farm water infrastructure that addresses animal welfare needs and improves resilience to drought. The scheme provides a one off 25 per cent rebate up to $25,000 to eligible primary producers.
Eligible water infrastructure includes:
- Water storage devices such as tanks and troughs associated with stock watering
- Water pumps
- Permanent repairs to fixed infrastructure (e.g. repair piping)
- Drilling of new stock water bores and associated power supply such as generators, desalination plants
- Desilting works of existing stock and domestic dams, where you can demonstrate that area of the property does not have access to suitable groundwater
- Other materials or equipment necessary to install the above excluding purchase of machinery
- Any freight component to purchase and install the equipment
- The professional installation costs to install the water infrastructure.
To be eligible you are required to –
- Own, share or lease a farm business undertaking grazing livestock production located in the following local government areas:
- Alpine, Benalla, Buloke, Campaspe, East Gippsland, Gannawarra, Greater Bendigo, Greater Shepparton, Hindmarsh, Horsham, Indigo, Loddon, Mildura, Moira, Northern Grampians, Strathbogie, Swan Hill, Towong, Wangaratta, Wellington, Wodonga, Yarriambiack;
- Be registered as a primary producer with the ATO, have an ABN and be registered for GST;
- Have a right or interest in the land for the purpose of primary production;
- Contribute a significant part of your labour and capital to the farm and earn more than 51% of your individual income from the farm;
- Have purchased the eligible water infrastructure on or after the 1st July, 2018; and
- Demonstrate that your property has been or is at risk of emergency animal welfare irrigation needs.
Please contact us if you think you may be eligible for this grant.
Farm Business Assistance
Grants of $2,500 or $3,500 are available for eligible farm businesses that are experiencing significant financial pressure because of prolonged drought and dry seasonal conditions and industry downturn.
Eligible recipients include –
- Farm Household Allowance recipients located in Wellington or East Gippsland Shires
- Young farmers (aged between 18 and 35 years of age) located in Wellington or East Gippsland Shires
- Remaining commercial farmers located in Wellington or East Gippsland Shires
- Northern Victorian dairy farmers that are receiving Farm Household Allowance
- Northern Victoria young dairy farmers (aged between 18 and 35 years of age)
Eligibility requirements varies for each farm business. Please contact our office for further details and eligibility criteria.