On-Farm Emergency Water Infrastructure Rebate Scheme
A rebate is available to drought affected farmers who invest, or have invested since 1st July 2018, in urgently-needed on-farm water infrastructure that addresses animal welfare needs and improves resilience to drought. The scheme provides a one off 25 per cent rebate up to $25,000 to eligible primary producers.
Eligible water infrastructure includes:
- Water storage devices such as tanks and troughs associated with stock watering
- Water pumps
- Permanent repairs to fixed infrastructure (e.g. repair piping)
- Drilling of new stock water bores and associated power supply such as generators, desalination plants
- Desilting works of existing stock and domestic dams, where you can demonstrate that area of the property does not have access to suitable groundwater
- Other materials or equipment necessary to install the above excluding purchase of machinery
- Any freight component to purchase and install the equipment
- The professional installation costs to install the water infrastructure.
The Scheme is available for the purchase and installation of emergency water infrastructure for livestock located in the following local Government Areas:
Alpine, Benalla, Buloke, Campaspe, East Gippsland, Gannawarra, Greater Bendigo, Greater Shepparton, Hindmarsh, Horsham, Indigo, Loddon, Mildura, Moira, Northern Grampians, Strathbogie, Swan Hill, Towong, Wangaratta, Wellington, Wodonga, Yarriambiack.
Export Market Development Grants (EMDG)
The EMDG scheme is a key Australian Government financial assistance program for aspiring and current exporters. The Scheme encourages small- and medium-sized Australian businesses to develop export markets and reimburses up to 50 per cent of eligible export promotion expenses above $5,000 provided that the total expenses are at least $15,000.