1.75% Increase to Minimum Wages
Tier 3 now in effect
The National Wage decision was announced on June 19th with a 1.75% increase awarded. This has been phased in over 3 separate dates.
The final and most recent phase of increases occurred from 1st February 2021 and primarily covers the most affected COVID-19 industries which are listed below;
- Air Pilots Award
- Aircraft Cabin Crew Award
- Airline Operations-Ground Staff Award
- Airport Employees Award
- Alpine Resorts Award
- Amusement, Events and Recreation Award
- Commercial Sales Award
- Dry Cleaning and Laundry Industry Award
- Fast Food Industry Award
- Fitness Industry Award
- General Retail Industry Award
- Hair and Beauty Industry Award
- Horse and Greyhound Training Award
- Hospitality Industry (General) Award
- Live Performance Award
- Mannequins and Models Award
- Marine Tourism and Charter Vessels Award
- Nursery Award
- Professional Diving Industry (Recreational) Award
- Racing Clubs Events Award
- Racing Industry Ground Maintenance Award
- Registered and Licensed Clubs Award
- Restaurant Industry Award
- Sporting Organisations Award
- Travelling Shows Award
- Vehicle Repair, Services and Retail Award
- Wine Industry Award
Essential services awards such as Health, Electricity, Gas, Social & Community Services, Firefighters, Pharmacy increased on July 1st, 2020.
The 2nd phase increased from 1st November 2020 and includes the Clerical, Construction, Transport, Horticulture, Professional, Education, Veterinary and Waste management awards.
The absolute minimum wage applicable for an adult under any award will now increase to $19.84 per hour being $753.80 per standard 38 hour week.
For more information visit the Fairwork website
Need more help or information?
Click the link below to contact us at Plus 1.