Grants & Rebates for NSW
We take a look at the latest financial support available in NSW, given the recent mouse plague and COVID-19 outbreaks that have occurred.
Businesses including sole trader or not-for-profit organisation impacted by the current Greater Sydney COVID-19 restrictions, may be able to apply for up to $10,000 in grants from late July 2021.
Grants can be used for business expenses such as rent, utilities and wages, for which no other government support is available.
The amount of the grant available depends on the decline in turnover experienced during the restrictions:
- $5000 for a decline of 30% or more
- $7000 for a decline of 50% or more
- $10,000 for a decline of 70% or more.
The grants will be divided into 2 streams:
- 2021 Small business COVID-19 support grant for businesses and sole traders who had turnover more than $75,000 for the year ending 30 June 2020 and total annual Australian wages below the NSW Government 2020-21 payroll tax threshold of $1.2 million.
Businesses must have fewer than 20 full-time equivalent employees and an Australian Business Number (ABN) registered in NSW or be able to demonstrate they are physically located and primarily operating in NSW.
- Hospitality and tourism COVID-19 support grant for tourism or hospitality businesses who had turnover more than $75,000 for the year ending 30 June 2020 and total annual Australian wages below $10 million, as of 1 July 2020. Businesses must have an ABN registered in NSW or be able to demonstrate they are physically located and primarily operating in NSW.
The full eligibility criteria and applications to apply will be available soon.
The NSW government has announced a rebate to help manage the cost of mouse baiting in regional NSW.
The rebate covers households, primary producers and small businesses affected by the mouse plague.
How much can I claim through the rebate?
- Up to $500 per household
- Up to $1,000 for primary producers and small businesses
You can only claim one rebate per address and the baits, traps or cleaning materials must be purchased after 1 February 2021.
Where must I be located to claim?
Your property must be located in the following;
- Central Tablelands
- Central West
- Northern Tablelands
- North West
- Hunter (Upper Hunter, Singleton and Muswellbrook LGAs only)
- South East (Hilltops, Upper Lachlan and Yass Valley LGAs only)
To claim your rebate visit the NSW Government website
Apply for a Grant or looking more information?
Click the link below to contact us at Plus 1.