Grants Update – On Farm Connectivity Program
This program aims to assist primary producers to take advantage of digital agribusiness solutions to boost productivity and improve safety. It forms part of the $656 million Better Connectivity Plan which is improving mobile and broadband connectivity and resilience in communities across the country.
The objectives of the program are to:
- Extend digital connectivity and take advantage of advanced farming technology.
- Enhance a primary producers’ capacity to implement digital agribusiness solutions through improved connectivity.
- Capitalise on the agricultural sector’s potential for increased productivity and growth.
- Support access to new communications equipment by offsetting some of the cost.
Rebates between $3,000 and $30,000 (GST exclusive) are available offsetting 50% of the cost of eligible equipment item/s listed at Appendix B of the Guidelines.
A total funding pool of $30 million is available, of which $15 million is allocated in 2023-24 or until funding is exhausted, whichever occurs first.
Applicants can claim more than one rebate where the eligible primary producer has multiple properties with a separate ABN for each primary production property.
Applicants must submit the application and submit the claim for rebate by 31 May 2024.
Eligible expenditure include:
- External antennas
- Automated tank systems and pump controllers
- Animal movement tags
- Relevant installation and training costs
Eligible projects must:
- Assist primary producers to take advantage of agribusiness solutions to boost productivity and improve safety.
- Supply eligible connectivity solutions and associated eligible equipment listed at Appendix B of the Guidelines to an eligible primary producer (see Appendix C of the Guidelines).
- Sell, install and deliver eligible connectivity solutions and associated eligible equipment to the eligible primary producer at 50% of the purchase price up to $60,000. Will consider outperforming arcDUG status. Primary producers may spend more than $60,000, and there is no limit to the amount they may spend, however the rebate will not exceed $30,000.
- Have at least $6,000 (GST exclusive) in total eligible expenditure.
Please refer to the Guidelines for the complete list of eligible expenditure.
Who Can Apply ?
Eligible applicants must:
- Be an eligible equipment supplier listed in Appendix A of the Guidelines.
- Supply an eligible connectivity solution and the associated eligible equipment as listed in Appendix B of the Guidelines to an eligible primary producer (as defined in Appendix C of the Guidelines).
- Be able to supply the eligible connectivity solution and associated eligible equipment to the eligible primary producer within 60 days of the sale/purchase.
- Have the eligible primary producer provide a declaration that they meet the eligibility criteria at Appendix C of the Guidelines, confirming that they:
- Are a registered business and have an Australian Business Number (ABN).
- Have an annual average gross income (i.e. total revenue before expenses and tax) from primary production of between $40,000 and $2 million. Annual average income is calculated as the average of the previous three full financial years’ income for each ABN.
- Are not a hobby farmer.
- Operate an eligible primary production activity listed at Appendix D of the Guidelines.
Please refer to the Guidelines for the complete eligibility requirements.
Need more help or information?
Click the link below to contact us at Plus 1.
Monday to Friday
8:00am to 5:00pm
Closed Public Holidays
If you need to get us documents quickly, access remote support, or the MYOB Portal click the button above.